Meet the Reading Council!
AWAITING UPDATED PHOTOGRAPH SEPTEMBER 2018
The Reading Council was set up in September 2017 so that children could contribute and have a voice in driving improvements in reading across the school.
What did the Reading Council do in 2017 - 2018?
- Contributed to the design of the new school library and pitched ideas to the design team
- Bought lots of books!
- Took care of and maintained the central school library
- Took care of and maintained their class library
- Monitored their whole class read on a weekly basis
- Supported and promoting the 'Bring a book to lunch' days
- Fed back on what was going well with reading in our school and what we needed to improve on