Reading Council Meeting 13th December 2017
Not all classes have been to the library
T has produced a list of books that need purchasing and has cleared an area in the library - they are the latest ones out.
Mrs Miles is going to a book shop on Monday and we need to choose 3 reading Councillors to go.
Poetry day and poet organised for next half term.
Access wanted by the group to research and make posters etc
Discussed Hansel and Gretel
T wants to check class reads.
T discussed a list of what needs doing
TS to write down opening times of the library and to liaise with MG
Reading Councillors to talk to their teachers (at lunch time) and book a visit to the library for next term with a clear idea of why they are going
1st class to go to the library get a class certificate and an ice pop
T to fairly organise who could go and to see Mrs Sinclair tomorrow so letters can be written.
Reading councillors - research year group appropriate poems to read and learn that day
T to discuss with Mr Howard - 2 laptops for reading council.
Mrs Sinclair to mention class reads in briefing to all adults.
T to arrange a group to discuss library improvements with MG.
Meet Monday at 2pm
Reading Council Meeting 17th November 2017
P - talked about a reading party
O - talked about a reading show/ play - we can have groups and talk about different authors every week - what books they write (7 votes)
K - we could act different performances about an authors life
O - we can have a club on how to make authors books
E - maybe each class could have a book for a weeks topic - a book that we choose every week
C - during breaktime we could have a club in the sunshine room
M - maybe on Fridays and Thursdays we can try books in different classrooms
T - maybe once a month we could do a reading play about an author
J - we could do it in the ICT suite and look at authors
M - we could go in the ICT suite and write our own comics
E - we can do pictures around school to encourage reading
T - to support children to read - a reading wall ( 6 vot
2nd Reading Council Meeting - 16th October 2017
Actions from last meeting
(1) All this week, reading councillors to continue to do questionnaires at playtime. T and J to make sure that everything is ready to use.
(2) All councillors to meet with their teacher to discuss reading day on November 3rd and as part of it, to organise parents coming in to listen to their child read.
(3) All councillors to meet and discuss a library visit with their teacher.
(4) Councillors to make sure that they continue to promote 'Bring a book to lunch' days - these days are under 'Parents' on the website.
(5) AOB - T and R to put reading posters around school and J to put up bring a book to lunch days on the reading councillor display
Friday 3rd November
12.45pm in the ICT room
1st Reading Council Meeting 4th October 2017
Next meeting Tuesday 17th October 12.45pm in the Sunshine Room
1st September 2017
This September we are launching our very first Children's Reading Council. We will be looking to appoint 2 reading councillors per class. The role of the Reading Council will be to
All children will have the opportunity to apply to be a Reading Councillor.
More information to follow!